Customer Service Consultant
Reports To: Fitness Centre Manager
Supervises: Reception, Gym floor, Crèche and group fitness staff
- To assist the Fitness Centre Manager in taking active steps to maximise occupancy and increase revenue through repeat business, promotion or other means which is supported by the reputation that guests are at all times met with the highest standards of customer service in an environment that is clean, presentable and safe, whilst ensuring compliance with legislation, policy and budgetary restraints.
- Actively partake in customer interaction via the telephone, face to face, email, post and any other appropriate means.
- Member welcome (existing) enforcement of 3 contact rule: all members get greeted & farewelled at reception and at least one gym floor/class staff member give personal contact.
- Conduct centre tours and handle enquiries.
- Conduct Pre-Activity Readiness Questionnaires and complete prospect tracking forms.
- Complete data entry accurately.
- Schedule centre bookings and handle booking enquiries.
- Introduction phone call to all new members within 2 weeks of joining the facility.
- Responsible for member variation form, send “Get Well” or “Welcome Back” postcards
- Responsible for low attendance follow up – initial “Where have you been?” postcard at 14 days, followed by phone call after 28days of non-attendance.
- Responsible for “Happy Birthday” SMS or mailout.
- Responsible for Exit phone call – establish/verify reason behind cancellation.
- Management/Supervision – Complex General
- Conduct pre-shift inspections of all operational areas to ensure the highest standards of presentation are maintained at all times.
- Enter and follow-up all maintenance request in Risk Manager
- Provide a high level of customer service to members, guests, visitors and fellow employees.
- Assist in database management, including member management, check-in, bookings, prospect tracking, prospect conversion and member retention.
- Assist in billing management through education and participation in the database module.
- Provide a supervisory presence at all times and work as a team with the staff.
- Floor Supervision
- Participate in staff training to ensure duplicity and currency of services.
- Ensure routine/cyclical maintenance tasks are conducted on all equipment.
- Undertake a proactive approach to member programs, updating as to the members needs.
- Provide customer service, sales and advice.
- Assist in the rostering of staff within all centre areas.
- Communicate with Les Mills Australia regarding ongoing training and promotion.
- To recognise and take prompt corrective action whenever supervision or customer service systems deviate from normal conditions.
- Maintain confidentiality of the Club’s business affairs at all times.
- Ensure a high standard of personal presentation at all times.
- Comply with the relevant components of the Club’s Employee Policy & Procedures manual.
- Strictly adhere to the centre’s cash handling policy.
- Monitor cleaning standards as per cleaning specifications and take appropriate action as required.
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the policies and procedures as outlined in the OHS & R Reference Manual.
- Observe and understand the Centre’s MSDS program, outlining the registering of on-site chemicals and their appropriate usage, handling and emergency procedures.
- Ensure the security of guests, guests property and employees by following the various provisions of the Club/Centre procedure i.e. key control, incident reporting, lost property procedures.
- Follow safe operating procedures.
- Follow the safe, secure an accurate handling of cash procedures.
- Execute all workplace practices and tasks in a manner that is safe so as not to endanger yourself or those around you.
- Consistently demonstrate professionalism, integrity, commitment, fairness and co-operation in all aspects of the supervisors’ responsibilities.
- Minimal requirement of current Level 3 Fitness Instruction, or equivalent/higher qualification, as approved by the Australian Fitness Accreditation Council.
- Senior first aid accreditation.